Sunday, June 25, 2017

Mistaken Identity


The Southern preacher said to his congregation, "Someone in this congregation has spread the rumor that I belong to da Ku Klux Klan. This is a horrible lie and one that a church community cannot tolerate. I am so embarrassed and do not intend to accept this. Now, I want th person who did this to stand and ask forgiveness from our church family
No one moved.
The preacher continued, "Do you not have the nerve to face me and admit this is not true? Remember, you will be forgiven and in your heart you will feel much more better. Now stand up and confess your mistake."
Again all was quiet.
Then slowly, a drop-dead gorgeous blonde with a body that would stop traffic rose from the third pew. Her head was bowed and her voice quivered as she spoke. "Reverend, there has been a terrible misunderstanding. I never said you was a member of the Ku Klux Klan. I jus' told a couple of ma girl friends dat you was a wizard under the sheets.
The preacher fainted, and the congregation roared with laughter.

2 comments:

  1. That's it preacher. Keep pokin' that pile of cow dung and see what stink comes wafting out.

    ReplyDelete